Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Morning Musings AKA Why Youtube is Like Crack

Last night, I had four hours of rehearsal for an upcoming performance I am dancing in. (Shameless self-promotion alert: If anybody wants tickets to see me perform with Emotions Dance Company in our collaboration with Yow Dance, let me know. This show is going to be amazing!)



After the busy day I had yesterday, I decided it was a good idea to take a nap before heading to the studio. However, after wrapping up yesterday’s blog post, I decided to head over to YouTube to check out a video a friend had posted on her Facebook.

For those of you who have yet to hear of Jenna Marbles, check her out. Her stuff is hilarious. There’s only one problem, YouTube will suck all of your time once you find her channel. I spent at least forty-five minutes sampling her vlogs yesterday, laughing my butt off the entire time.  Her shark week video? Priceless. Why do sharks get all the love? I’m a honey badger fan myself. :) Her video on 'How to Avoid Talking to People You Don't Want to Talk To.' My strategy exactly. (Simple Warning: Her stuff is not necessarily PG, probably not even PG-13.)

From there, I moved on to funny or die exclusives, from there, old school SNL skits (I think we can tell I’m a fan of humor), and of course there were some amazing dance videos thrown in there. One of my favorites though has got to be this little girl. Why aren't we all starting our days like this?


By the time my computer decided to freeze up on me, ending my YouTube jaunt, which was meant to be five minutes, I had all of 2 minutes to get myself ready and out the door.

Why is YouTube so darn addictive? And how is it that it can eat time like my laundry machine eats socks. There is something very mysterious about the appeal of YouTube, but something very wonderful that is going on there.  I have spent far more time than I’d like to admit on that web site, but I know I can’t be the only one.

What are your YouTube favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment