Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Who's Coming to Dinner?

If you take a look at my DVR, you will most likely find only four kinds of shows.

1) Dance Shows – Right now I am so into Dance Moms, though I don’t know if this can really be classified as a dance show. I grew up as a competition kid and I can attest to the fact that a lot of what goes on on that show is completely unrealistic. That doesn’t stop it from being so damn addicting. So You Think You Can Dance is my standard favorite.



2) Car Shows – Particularly Top Gear. Anthony is so into it, and surprisingly, for as little as I know about cars, so am I. The debate still stands in our house on which version is better (I say American, Anthony likes the original British,) but regardless, it’s a great show.



3) DIY/Home Improvement Shows – Marrying a carpenter certainly has its perks. He can do almost anything I see on TV. Once we get a house, that should come in very handy. And last, but certainly not least…

4) Cooking Reality Shows – OMG!! These are my favorites. I can’t even tell you how much of a foodie I am. I’ve fallen asleep to the Food Network ever since I discovered it when I was 12 years old, and once had ambitions of being a great chef. I’ve settled for being average, but still live vicariously through the men and women who are able to transform the most disgusting sounding foods into meals made in heaven (anyone else a fan of Chopped?)



All of that being said, Anthony and I were discussing our favorite celebrities the other day and who we would want o meet/have dinner with, and I realized all of my favorites right now are chefs. So in the interest of wishful thinking, I’ve put together a list of the top 7 chefs I'd like to have dinner with. Why 7? It just seemed right.

#7 – Bobby Flay – I watched him growing up, love him on Iron Chef America, and think his southwestern style looks so delish.

#6 – Wolfgang Puck – I love his accent, I love his energy, but most importantly I love his food. I just think he would be so fun to sit down with.

#5 – Alton Brown – Alton Brown is the coolest geeky guy out there. How he can take the science of cooking and make something so simple seem so extraordinary astounds me. I would love to have dinner with him, just so he can educate me on everything I’m eating.

#4 – Anne Burrell and #3 – Robert Irvine – I had to put these two together because I think it would be hysterical to have dinner with the both of them at the same time. Watching them on America’s Worst Cooks was so fun, and when they battled each other on Chopped All-Stars, I was in heaven. The only reason Robert Irvine is #3 and Anne Burrell is #4 is because of shows like Restaurant Impossible. Looove it!

#2 – Emeril Lagasse – Let me just say, I have been in love with Emeril Lagasse since day one. I think he is absolutely incredible, his food is delicious (at least what I’ve had at his restaurant,) and who can resist his Italian charm. I remember when I was twelve, I was so excited to get his cookbook for Christmas. I wanted to be him. He would’ve been my number one, but he slightly edges out by…

#1 – Gordon Ramsey –



I love this man. I want to eat his food, I want to be his friend. He had me from the first moment of Hell’s Kitchen and gets me every week on Kitchen Nightmares. You can totally tell that behind that tough exterior, he really cares about the chefs he works with. He has talent and personality, and I would love to meet him.

Phew… Ok that’s my list. Anybody out there have any hook-ups for me? (wink, wink)

Who would you love to have dinner with?

No comments:

Post a Comment