Wednesday, January 11, 2012

CD Players only Appeal to "Older Motorists"?

Did anybody else hear the news this morning that automakers are leaning towards removing CD players from new cars? Read the article here.

Apparently, they only appeal to "older motorists."

Well, I am 22 and I love my CD player. In fact, when I bought my car last April, the fact that it had a six disc changer made it all the more appealing.

I get it, MP3 players are THE thing right now. And don't get me wrong, I definitely have my days where Pandora streaming through my phone and into my car stereo is exactly what I need. I've discovered a ton of great new artists that way. But, there is something about being able to choose my songs, being able to flip through my CD tracks that just makes me happy. There is something about finding a mix CD from 8th grade that just fills you with a joyful nostalgia that Pandora just can't replace. Sorry.

In defiance of this news this morning, I went and found the oldest mix CD's I could find and jammed out on my way to work. Gems like 'Mambo #5' and (don't judge me) 'Aaron's Party' filled my stereo. I clearly also had a penchant for Alanis Morrisette, Christina Aguilera, and anything that resonated with broadway or musical theater undertones in middle school.

Old Picture (Back in my VW Beetle Days). It just happens to sum up how I felt jamming to my music this morning :)

Considering I just recently bought my car, I won't have to worry about this any-time soon, so that's a plus, but I want your opinions.

How do you feel about CD Players going the way of the VHS tape?

1 comment:

  1. Donna: NOOOOOOOOO.................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete