I've seen a lot of these lists out there, but primarily got the idea here... http://www.30before30project.com/
I loved the idea. We all have those things that we really want to do, but somehow get pushed on the back burner with the realities of life. When you write 'em down, and then share them, those ideas become more real, and you become more accountable to them.
Rather than a 30 before 30, I opted for a 27 before 27. Why?
1) I'm 22 now, which gives me 5 years to complete the list. 8 years just felt like I wasn't challenging myself enough.
2) I'm aiming for #27 to happen right around the time I hit 27, so the end of the list coinciding with the deadline just seemed like a good fit.
3) I will be 27 when my ten year high school reunion rolls around. Who doesn't want a list of fun stories to share with old friends?
With all that being said, here's my list...
- Write a Book and have it published
- Take a Spontaneous Out of Country Trip
- See the Grand Canyon
- See the Meditteranean Sea
- Start my own business
- Help build a house with Habitat for Humanity
- Own and decorate my own blog-worthy home
- Pay off all non-mortgage debt (I don’t have a mortgage yet, but plan to soon)
- Read the Bible in its entirety
- Earn a Graphic Design degree
- Take a girls only road trip
- Learn to paddleboard
- Make a wish at the Trevi Fountain in Rome
- Lead someone to Christ
- Buy a Pro camera, and take a photography class
- Open a retirement account
- Mentor Someone
- Take Anthony to a Broadway Show
- Take a spa day (or weekend!)
- Make a dream come true for another person
- Have six –figures in savings
- Be in a magazine
- Make a Snow Angel
- Write a cookbook with Anthony
- Grow a garden
- Write a $1000 check to the church
- Get Pregnant
Anybody else out there have a list? What are some things you've been dying to do?