Thursday, January 12, 2012

Meeting Jesus Where You Are

You know those mornings where you just meet the devil at the door? The weight of him trying to push you down is so heavy, that you feel the pressure to break?

That was my morning. For no real reason at all. Just life’s little stressors getting to me, and a nagging voice inside my head saying “You’re not good enough. You can’t reach your goals. You’re just not capable. You’re not this, you’re not that, you’re just not!”

I got in my car this morning, knowing I needed guidance, knowing I need to seek God, but God always knows how to meet you where you are.

Stumbling around Facebook last night, I noticed a youtube video that seems to be popping up everywhere. A good amount of my friends re-posted, my boss sent it to me. Everyone has seen this thing. The title?

“Why I Hate Religion, but Love Jesus – Spoken Word”

I have to be honest, I was a little concerned when I saw that title. I hold dear to my beliefs and know there are many out there who attack that faith, and also know that sometimes even the most sincere-hearted attempts to speak truth, can be blown by one wrong word that allows the skeptics to poke holes in your testimony. So, with something gaining so much popularity, I was just praying that this video was done well.

I didn’t have a chance to watch it last night, and so at a red-light (no you-tubing and driving please,) I hooked my phone into my auxiliary cable in my car (I know, I know, just one day after I defiantly argued for the necessity of CD players…) and played the video through my speakers.

Here it is:



This guy speaks the truth, and some-times it doesn’t matter how many times you have heard it, the Word of God just hits you like a ton of bricks, and you are humbled and on your knees before him.

That was my experience with this video. I cried in my car, I broke down before God and worshipped him. It’s amazing the power He can bring to even a morning commute.

It is so humbling to know that my God forgives my imperfections, and in fact says to me, “No you ARE perfect, because you are my creation.”

I don’t have to be “good enough” because He is beyond my portion and will never fail me.

I don’t have to be “on” all the time. I don’t have to meet my standard of perfection. Because the truth is, I will stumble and I will fall down, and I will never be good enough for myself. I face my own limitations, held by my weakness, but am free in all of the Lord’s perfection.

I glorify the Lord today for His Word and His provision and am humbled by His grace.

II Corinthians 12:9 NIV
" But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

2 comments:

  1. I saw that video yesterday and LOVE it!

    also that "my special juice is gonna help me wiiiiinnnnn" is my favorite part of that video! haha

    I also LOVE your blog and your sweet heart. It is so nice to find fellow women of God who speak so BOLDLY about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully put Stephanie. You are an amazing woman whose heart is full of deep treasure. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete