Saturday, January 7, 2012

Puppy Fever

It's official. I'm done for. I have the fever.

PUPPY FEVER!!!

Everyone around me is catching baby fever, and that's all well and good, but I am not ready for that yet. What I want more than anything right now is to be the mommy of a little fur-baby and I am ready for it NOW!

Anthony and I went to our local puppy store today and met the cutest little guys. From some feisty bull-dogs to a beagle that I almost kidnapped (dog-napped?), I was already starting to fall. Those just weren't the breeds we were looking for, and we hadn't gone in with a full intention to buy.

After dinner tonight, we started looking on Orlando rescue sites, most of which use PetFinder to showcase their available dogs. As a side note, I am all about adopting from a rescue rather than buying from a breeder, though I definitely want a puppy as opposed to an adult. There is something about training and raising a dog that just feels like you're creating a bond. (Plus it'll give me the opportunity to see if Anthony is as good at training as he says he is ;) )

Some of our favorites...







And then we found him. The puppy I want to be mine. He is perfect. I am in love.



See even more of him Here.

This dog is exactly what we've been looking for, and even though we have always said we were going to wait until after the wedding, my heart is so torn now.    Ah, Paddington with your adorable puppy face... why do you do this to me?

I'm not 100% sure if it's the right time to adopt, though I know we both have the hearts to take care of a puppy. But I sure want to look into it.

For all you puppy owners out there, when did you know you had found the one? What are your suggestions for puppy adoption?

2 comments:

  1. If you have the time a puppy is amazing. its hard work but with potty training and teaching them tricks like sit and things like that. It really is just so amazing having something so excited to see you all the time. As long as you put in the time you can get a puppy anytime.I would recommend rescuing, that's what Allen and I did with gunner. it was way cheaper and just so rewarding knowing we are giving the puppy a good home.

    ReplyDelete