Friday, January 20, 2012

TGIF

Thank Goodness it’s Friday because I am exhausted. It has been a long, busy, overwhelming, stressful week full of work and wedding planning and cars being totaled, and brakes failing, and me just wanting my goals to happen faster (COME ON WEDDING, HOUSE, and PUPPY)

Oh, the joys of being a Type A personality!

So, forgive me if I am absent this weekend. I have very big plans that involve me, my oh-so-comfy bed, lots of pillows and a good friend of mine I like to call the sandman. Sleep is calling my name and I can tell you we certainly need to be reacquainted.

In other news, the Youth America Grand Prix regionals are coming to Florida this weekend. For those of you who aren’t in the ballet world, the Youth America Grand Prix is one of the top premiere ballet competitions in the world, and one of my favorite experiences as a dancer growing up.

Here I am competing with a variation from Paquita in the 2006 NYC Finals


^ Pardon the fact that I’m in the middle of moving and my legs aren’t as straight as they should be.
*Also pardon my creepy pointer finger, my worst  ballet bad habit.

I remember being so intimidated and so excited and so ready to take on the big competition. The emotions involved in this competition are hard to explain to someone who hasn’t been there. This is a competition that can make or break a career. Every big company has a representative there, so you will be seen.

They’ve captured those feelings in a new documentary, called ‘First Position’

Watch the trailer below.



I cannot wait for this movie to come out. To relive those experiences. But in the meantime, good luck to everyone competing this weekend. Live in the moment. Live on that stage. And let your love and passion for ballet shine through your movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment