Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Things I Love: Kindle Fire!

As I mentioned in a previous post, Anthony got me a kindle fire for Christmas!!!



It is my new obsession. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this thing. I have to be honest, I was hesitant to jump on the e-reader bandwagon to begin with. I love love love to read, and at most times have 3-5 books being lugged around in my purse, so the I knew a kindle would be a nice respite from that. But I was concerned about me actually enjoying to read it.

My fears have been calmed however, with the arrival of this wonderful little tablet.

#1) The screen picture quality is amazing, so I'm not straining to read like I thought I might be.

#2) And this is semi-embarassing. I absolutely adore the fact that the kindle tells me the percentage of how far along I am in the book. The OCD side of me, and there is a decently large OCD side of me, loves keeping track of that percentage, even more than I enjoy flipping pages.

#3) It saves my page for me. Nuff said.

Now as much as I would loooove to say I use my kindle strictly for furthering my intellect through the written word, let's be honest. The first two things I did when I opened my fun new toy?

I downloaded Angry Birds...



and I downloaded Words With Friends..



and now I am addicted to both, and spend way too much time playing both of them.

Currently Reading:

Left Behind by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins



Waiting for me in my library:

The Witness by Dee Henderson

Falling Star by Diana Dempsey

The Bad Mother by Nancy Rommelmann

Sparks Fly by Kevin Lucy

Suggestions? Fellow Kindle Owners, got any favorite apps I should try, books I should read, etc.? I'm seriously loving this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment