Sunday, January 8, 2012

Veilzilla

You know that moment when you realize you are acting completely opposite of the way you believe is an acceptable way of acting?

Or has that only happened to me?

Today was one of those days.

I've been pretty good about being non-bridezilla throughout the last year of my engagement. I've taken everything as it's come, found compromises along the way, and have been pretty laid-back about every decision we've made. The only thing that really matters to me is that I get to marry Anthony at the end of the day so no snag has seemed that big.

And then today happened. The last piece of my wedding ensemble that I needed to pull the whole look together was the veil. And according to the on-line tracker this morning, it was waiting for me in my mailbox. I was so excited and ran to my mailbox the minute I got home from church, pulled the packaging apart, and pulled out my veil...

What I ordered should have looked something like this...



Not too poofy at the top, plain, simple, lays flat. I don't want to put a picture of the exact veil, because I still don't want to give anything away.

What I got looked more like this...



I tried so hard not to be upset, but for some reason, it just hit me the wrong way. I cried, I started second guessing everything, I turned into a veilzilla. And my poor poor fiancé had to deal with me. And my poor mother got a crying daughter on the phone. I was awful.

Luckily, I didn't spend too much money on the veil (you get what you pay for I suppose). And luckily, I have a nana who can make about anything and is going to make me a veil that is exactly how I want it. But unfortunately, I learned that there is a small bridezilla inside of me. Hopefully I never meet her again. Compared to what you see on t.v., I was still an angel. At least I've never been that bad. Let's be honest, if I were that bad, Anthony wouldn't be marrying me, and my friends would not be my friends. I would probably be embarrassed to be seen with me.

Now that that's done and over with, I hopefully won't have any more moments like that. Even I can't handle it.

For all of you who have tied the knot, or are tying the knot now, did you have any moments that made you feel totally ridiculous? What was it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment