Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Confesh Sesh

Confession #1 - I really need to work on my weekend blogging skills. I've been MIA the past couple of days, and it is so not ok. But, in my defense, I was faced with a pretty daunting task this weekend, which of course leads me to...

Confession #2 - This is what my house looked like when I got home from work on Friday night.





Oh, how I wish I could tell you this is a joke. But it's not. Busy weeks = no time for laundry. And that box in the second picture. All of that stuff used to be in the trunk of my car.

Please, please, please, tell me I'm not the only one who lets it get this bad.

Needless to say, a good part of my weekend was spent taking care of this mess. And we got it done. Yay! But that leads me to

Confession #3 - I suck at taking pictures. I say this because I didn't take any after-shots of my lovely clean, living room. Which is awful, because now how are you supposed to believe I actually took control of the above situation? Well, I suppose you'll just have to have a little faith in me ;)

What I did take pictures of though, are my new table settings. Back in December, my Grandma bought me these gorgeous placemats and matching napkins for my Bridal Shower. Then, last weekend, my Aunt and Cousin sent me the dishes I had registered for.

Ready to see them all together? Because let me tell you, this is some beautiful stuff here.
The place setting by itself



and the whole table set...




I am beyond excited. I don't even want to eat off of them. But of course, I will. I like food too much.

Sorry for keeping you guys hanging the past couple of days. I've got some exciting things to share this week.... and I promise to take pictures of them :)

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who lets my house become a wreck before a serious cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am the same way, especially living in a studio------seriously, one thing out of place makes everything look terrible!


    and also, the short story sign up is posted on my blog so go sign up! yay! I am really excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo I'm excited too! Can't wait for the 9th to see everyones stories!

    ReplyDelete