Monday, January 23, 2012

What a Weekend!

Reflecting on my five favorite things from this past weekend...

5) Sleepy Time - Remember on Friday when I said I would be sleeping in ridiculous amounts this weekend? We’re talking 30 something hours in two days people. That’s both impressive and obnoxious at the same time.



4) Betty White’s 90th Birthday Party Special – When I am 90 years old, I want to be wearing gorgeous dresses like this,



have a big gala to celebrate, and have as many friends still around as Betty White (note to my bridesmaids – I’ve added that to your to-do list. You have to stick around as long as I do so start taking your vitamins friends, we’re in for a long, fun ride.)

3) Hanging out with Some Awesome Kids -  Anthony had to work on Saturday so while he and a coworker of his set to put up some built-in wall units, I got to take his pal's kids, aged 4 and 6, to the park.





They were so well behaved, and beyond fun, and gave me little gems like this:

- "Mrs. Anthony (after I told them Anthony was going to be my husband,) where is the hope button on your radio?" (If you live in Central Florida and listen to z88.3, you'll get this)

- "So if you're a grown-up why aren't you a mom?"

- 6 yr old: "So, you like Anthony?"

Me: "No, I love him."

Both kids: *gasp* Giggle Giggle Giggle

I had such an amazing time!!

2) Shopping with the Best Friend – What would I do without a little girl-time to keep me sane? When the bestie called and said she was in need of a little closet sprucing in the form of new blazers, you have to know what my answer would be. I love this girl, and my, does she look fabulous in her new blazers.



1) Reconnecting with myself and my man – I’ve been feeling pretty overwhelmed lately, with work and the wedding especially, and at the same time have been beating myself for feeling that way. So my “solution” has been to keep pushing and pushing and frantically trying to get things done. It’s so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day grind, that everything else becomes non-priority, even when it should be at the top of your list. Excessive sleep mixed with an intentionally open weekend, meant I had a chance to reconnect with the guy I get to marry so soon (89 days guys) and remember why I love him so much (and remind him why he loves me too.) It. Was. Wonderful. I love this guy so much! He knows me far too well and still loves me for it. I am a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment