Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Adventures into Domesticity: Stuffed Mediterranean Chicken

It's less than three months until the wedding, which means it's time for me to start chalking up on my wifely duties. Cooking and cleaning decorating, here I come.

Last night, I ventured out to create my own chicken recipe, though my version of creating a recipe doesn't typically involve measurements, and its generally based loosely off of something I have tried before. But nonetheless, the dinner I created last night was pretty darn tasty and easy peasy to make.

I give you my Stuffed Meditteranean Chicken.

You Will Need:

3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts

Two pinches of Julienned Sun-Dried Tomatoes

A handful of Baby Spinach Leaves

One package of Chèvre Fresh Goats milk Cheese

Olive Oil

Salt

Pepper

Italian Seasoning

(I told you I'm not a measurer, so just go with it.)

1) Finely chop your spinach into shreds.

2) In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.


3) Butterfly your chicken breasts, then season each side with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and italian seasoning

4) Heat Olive Oil in a pan to medium-high. *(You want the pan to be very hot so that the chicken will sear and won't stick when it's time to flip)

5) Sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until you see the edges start to turn. Be careful not to flip until each side is golden brown.

6) Meanwhile, be pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees.

7) Remove Chicken from pan and transfer to a non-stick baking sheet.

8) Divide the Cheese Mixture into 3 equal portions, then spoon one portion into the middle of each butterflied chicken breast.

9) FInish the chicken in the oven for 15 minutes.



I finished the meal with these Baked Cauliflower Poppers from Delighted Momma, and some leftover pasta salad from our Super Bowl Party.



I mean, really? How good does that look? And it tasted equally amazing. Anthony devoured the Chicken and finished nearly all the cauliflower himself. *Hint - Let the cauliflower get really crispy before you take it out of the oven. The crisp edges have the best flavor.

Yumm-o! I was so proud!

Oh and as a side note, I re-did our bed this weekend too, so now we finally have a "grown-up" bedroom.



Not a huge change, but since we don't have a headboard, that mirror makes a huge difference.

I think I've got this wifey thing in the bag. Now, just to become one. *Sigh*

1 comment:

  1. what a great recipe. can't wait to try it myself. Always looking for smaller recipes for one or two people. You and your cousin Sean should be exchanging recipes. He is always looking for something new to try. Love you and Anthony, Aunt Donna. (still looking for some great bells)

    ReplyDelete