Last night, I ventured out to create my own chicken recipe, though my version of creating a recipe doesn't typically involve measurements, and its generally based loosely off of something I have tried before. But nonetheless, the dinner I created last night was pretty darn tasty and easy peasy to make.
I give you my Stuffed Meditteranean Chicken.
You Will Need:
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Two pinches of Julienned Sun-Dried Tomatoes
A handful of Baby Spinach Leaves
One package of Chèvre Fresh Goats milk Cheese
(I told you I'm not a measurer, so just go with it.)
1) Finely chop your spinach into shreds.
2) In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside.
3) Butterfly your chicken breasts, then season each side with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and italian seasoning
4) Heat Olive Oil in a pan to medium-high. *(You want the pan to be very hot so that the chicken will sear and won't stick when it's time to flip)
5) Sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until you see the edges start to turn. Be careful not to flip until each side is golden brown.
6) Meanwhile, be pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees.
7) Remove Chicken from pan and transfer to a non-stick baking sheet.
8) Divide the Cheese Mixture into 3 equal portions, then spoon one portion into the middle of each butterflied chicken breast.
9) FInish the chicken in the oven for 15 minutes.
I finished the meal with these Baked Cauliflower Poppers from Delighted Momma, and some leftover pasta salad from our Super Bowl Party.
I mean, really? How good does that look? And it tasted equally amazing. Anthony devoured the Chicken and finished nearly all the cauliflower himself. *Hint - Let the cauliflower get really crispy before you take it out of the oven. The crisp edges have the best flavor.
Yumm-o! I was so proud!
Oh and as a side note, I re-did our bed this weekend too, so now we finally have a "grown-up" bedroom.
Not a huge change, but since we don't have a headboard, that mirror makes a huge difference.
I think I've got this wifey thing in the bag. Now, just to become one. *Sigh*