Friday, February 3, 2012

Lost and Found

When you’re lost you can look and you will find me, time after time. – Cyndi Lauper

Yesterday, the hubs-to be lost his car keys for a good two hours. And we’re not talking two passive, “I wonder where my keys are” hours. We’re talking two hours of actively searching around our little apartment for keys.

Two hours of sad text messages and two hours of desperation. Yes, I said desperate. Poor guy needed to get to work.

Eventually, he found his keys on the floor of our front hall closet. We’re watching his mom’s dog, and think he decided to play with them.




Anyways, the whole situation got me thinking about things we lose from time to time. Wallets, phones, keys, shoes, all those little things that just seem to go missing. Eventually we find them, but the search is always frustrating.

But what about the big things we lose? Friendships, relationships, little pieces of ourselves sometimes. Those things are always much harder to find.

I mean, lets be honest, there are times where I lose my direction completely. My goals seem impossible. I question them. I question what I really want out of this life, what I really want to accomplish, and the determination that generally drives me has no singular focus, making it difficult to feel productive. Tell me you’ve felt it too. I think it’s almost universal.

Finding your bearings in life when you experience such a valley can be so difficult. So much more difficult and so much more frustrating than searching for lost keys (though I’m not downplaying that at all. Trust me. ;)

The great news is that even when you can’t find yourself or your grounding, you can always ask for help. For me, that comes in the form of prayer. When I seek the guidance of my Heavenly Father, finding myself in him becomes a side-effect. It is so much easier to seek God, then find yourself, than to try to do it the other way around. He will lead you to your purpose. All you have to do is ask.

And how amazing is that?

Gosh, I love God’s promises!

Happy Friday Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Yes Steph he smiles even when he is laying down, and such a beautiful face. You see all, Sam had surgery today and I guess he just wanted the attention and company of his "bubba" yesterday. I am quite sure he knew something was amiss and he thought he would make the most of it. I said a prayer for my baby last night and the night before,oh and this morning too, that his surgery would go well. I am happy to say it did and he is re cooperating fine. The sad thing is I cannot pick him up until tomorrow :( I miss him! God is in our lives in so many different ways and He is always there when we need Him. I worried so much about Sam and cried over whether or not he would have to go through life with that huge cyst on his leg, but God helped me find a way and we had it removed. OK Sam, now it is time to get out there and run! Thanks Ant and Steph for helping out in my time of need. Sam IS one of my children. I love you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete