Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Slowing Down

Ever had those days where everyone wants to know how you’re feeling because you look a little like this kid….


And spend most of your time like this?




Yup that’s been me since Monday morning. And let me tell you, I am so attractive when I am sick. Don't judge me.

I'm sure there are a lot of you out there who are the same as me when it comes to being sick. My tendency is to ignore it and assume it will go away on its own. I have too much to do and not enough time to be sick. I can't let feeling poorly get in the way of everything on my to-do list.

And then, inevitably, it gets to a point where I can't ignore it anymore. And I end up where I am now. Working from home, sitting on my couch, wrapped in three blankets, with sudafed, gallons of water, and a bottle of green goodness (all of those fruits and veggies can't hurt, right?) sitting in front of me.

So in this moment, though I plan to get some work done today, my goal is to take this moment to rest. It's not an easy thing for me. I prefer to be productive. But today, I will slow down and just be still.

If you can, I invite you to join me (in the stillness, not the sickness) and just rest because you can.




Tomorrow, it'll be full speed ahead. I've got a great recipe for you so be looking for that. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! Down times isn't easy for some people!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete