Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: My Kentucky Derby Bridal Shower

It's Wednesday, Wednesday. Getting down on Wedding Wednesday! (Ah, SO much better than the original)

Today we're talking all things Bridal Shower. I mentioned it for a hot second back at the beginning of the year here, but this party definitely deserves its own post.

*Warning* - There will be lots of pictures.

We had my shower back in December, because I have so many out-of-town bridesmaids. I didn't want a single one to miss it, and so we planned the shower early. My maid of honor really took the reins on this one and beyond hooked it up.

A couple of us met that morning and drove together to the high-rise complex where the shower would be held. The anticipation was building the entire car ride there. I just couldn't believe that it was the day of my bridal shower.

The direction I gave my maid of honor and my mom, was that I really wanted a Kentucky Derby themed Bridal Shower. I've never been to the races, though I am dying to go (anybody out there that can hook a girl up?). I just love the fashion of it all. Big hats and pretty dresses. *Sigh* Like playing dress up all over again.

What they delivered was beyond imagination.

First, the venue. My MOH rented out the club level lounge at the Vue at Lake Eola, which over looks Lake Eola in downtown Orlando. When I say the view was to die for, I am not exaggerating. It was just beautiful. There was a patio outside, and the entire inside lounge was framed with glass windows, so there was no missing it.



Number 2: The Food. Yum, yum, yummy. We had such a spread of sandwiches, and cheeses, and fruits and why yes of course, my favorite pasta salad. It was all so delish. The best of the best however, has got to go to the cake. Wait 'til you see this thing. Just you wait.











Number 3: The favors. How many of you have seen 'Bridesmaids'? Well my MOH has, about a trillion times probably, and there was a running joke that we were going to give favors like the bridal shower in the movie. They gave out puppies with berets. We joked about giving out ponies. Little did I know...



Yes those are stuffed ponies with hats my nana made individually.

Number 4: The People. I have the most amazing friends and family. It really shouldn't surprise me 22 years into this journey called life, but I really do. I am so blessed to be surrounded by such incredible, loving people. I had so much fun, and received the most amazing gifts. I really am so thankful!

Ok, time for show and tell. Get ready for a picture extravaganza!

























I have well over 300 pictures from the day (Thank you to my bridesmaid Lauren for being such a great paparazzi!), but I don't want to completely bore you.

Check back next week for more on the Bachelorette Party that followed this amazing day!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to point out that I had the opportunity for us to go to the Derby this year, but someone just had to go on a honeymoon!!

    Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] the Bridal Shower, we had to have the bachelorette party back in December so all of my bridesmaids could attend. What [...]

    ReplyDelete