Monday, March 12, 2012

Lazy Weekends and Great Coffee

I accomplished absolutely nothing this weekend.

I slept in, I napped, I went to bed early.

I was so incredibly unproductive it’s embarrassing.

And, at the same time, I am unabashedly unashamed.



With a wedding six weeks away, and a work schedule that is less than forgiving, I tend to allow my weekdays to blend with my weekends. I rarely allow myself a day off. Part of that I fault to my background in dance, the discipline learned in ballet that requires unwavering commitment to the end goal. Part of it I fault to the workaholics I surround myself. You know who you are.

But this weekend I did nearly nothing. Sure, I got some things done around the house. I got my grocery shopping done. I even drafted up a meal plan for the next couple of weeks to curb my habit of slacking on dinner. But when it comes to truly productive activities, I have little to report.

I WAS introduced to some great new coffee this weekend.  My fiancé brought Organo Gold coffee home for me to try and let me tell you, this stuff is good. The majority of their blends are instant, and in all honesty, I am usually not a huge proponent of the instant stuff. I generally find it either incredibly bland or incredibly bitter and usually lacking in the rich mouth-feel you get with a good brewed cup.



This isn’t the case with the OG coffee I tried. There is a drip coffee they make, but my favorite is a toss-up between the instant café mocha and the instant café latte. Both delicious, neither too sweet for my liking, both with that rich mouth-feel that most brands lack. And, to make it even better, the coffee has added antioxidants to curb cholesterol and blood pressure and to counteract the normal negative side-effects of caffeine.

Um, hello!! Thanks for turning my vice into a health food. I am more than okay with that. Oh, and in case you were looking for another way to incorporate this coffee in your life, add a little of the instant black coffee to your standard brownie mix. Sooo good. I’ll be uploading my recipe later this week.

How were your weekends? How often do you take the time to just do nothing?

Happy Monday Ya’ll!

2 comments:

  1. I have a picture very similar to that one from a middle school trip we took! I loved those slumber parties in the hotel room! Speaking of brownies and coffee, have you ever seen the brownies that are made with black beans and coffee? It sounds gross, but it's
    a-mazing! It would be a really great way to incorporate it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of those, but I've been too chicken to try it. I just might have to though. Too many people have said they're great!

    ReplyDelete