Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Temporary Wedding Woes

Good Morning Friends!

Before I begin, I have a confession to make. Every time I mention Breakfast with Stephanie, I like to pretend I greet each morning with a cafe au lait and a fresh berry tart in hand (or some delicious treat of the sort). I mean, that’s what a blogger with “Breakfast” in her title should do.

This morning, I had a sausage egg mcmuffin and a diet coke.  Oh so healthy and refined, I know. Anyways, I digress. I just thought you should know who I really am. ;)

This week has made Wednesday feel like Friday in that so much has been packed into the beginning of my week, I am already in desperate need of a vacation.

As many of you know, I will be getting married at the Lake Mary Events Center in a little over a month.


On Monday afternoon, I received a voicemail from my DJ company that very literally said, “Hi Stephanie. We currently have a contract to do your wedding at the Lake Mary Events Center, but there has been a problem and we aren’t sure if we can do it. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience. Thank you.”

Um, excuse me? My type A personality did not handle that well. I immediately called the DJ back and asked them to explain to me what was going on. Apparently, the DJ was having issues with the noise ordinances at my venue and explained to me in no uncertain terms that my music would be extremely quiet and not to expect much.

Pardon? I was quiet in my responses and hung up. Anyone who knows me knows a quiet Stephanie may seem like the better option, but is in fact, an awful thing. I called the troops (my mom, dad, and fiancé) and we figured that this was a small issue and we would just need to get in touch with the venue.

That plan proved unnecessary when my venue contacted me the next morning to “make me aware” of the situation, from the perspective that the DJ company was in the wrong, and had completely overreacted at a wedding a weekend earlier. It became quite clear that this was an issue of two companies disagreeing, and my wedding was becoming a pawn in the middle of it all.

My mind was racing, my heart was palpitating (I overreact people, it happens), and I had no idea what to do.

And then, like a ray of sunshine peering through the clouds, it hit me. I have a wedding coordinator. An angel of a wedding coordinator at that. And she is only an e-mail or phone call away.



I forwarded everything I had to Jaclyn, with At Last Wedding and Event Design, and within the hour she had contacted both companies, and called me back to let me know everything was going to be ok.

If I have any advice for my fellow brides-to-be, it is to hire a coordinator as soon as you can. And if you are in the Central Florida area, go with At Last. Even if you think you don’t need one, trust me, it is so comforting just to know you’ve got someone who’s got your back, who has been there, and who has experience with the vendors you’ve chosen.

This situation could have escalated to def-con 3 without Jaclyn’s help, (well, my emotions would have escalated to that point) and I have so much comfort in knowing that on my day, should anything go wrong, I’ve got her on my side to take care of it so I can simply enjoy being a bride.

Everything is back on track now for our day and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Only 46 more days guys!

What situations did you face in planning your wedding? Who helped you handle them?

1 comment:

  1. Steph it's so you LOL I can't stop laughing. I keep telling you everything is going to be fine see how Jaclyn handled it in just 2 phone calls? Just relax leave it to the experts.
    Love ya Nana

    PS can't stress your seeing me tonight

    ReplyDelete