Tuesday, June 12, 2012

20 Random Fun-Facts About Me


As a blogger, you feel like you share the majority of your world with everyone on-line. You guys tend to know when I’m having a rough day, when I’m experiencing a joyful season, and everything in between.

But still, there are bound to be some things you just don’t know about me, generally random, unimportant things, but certainly things that will give you a better idea of me.

So, in the honor of transparency, here we go.

1) I am 100%, allergic to all dairy, like, beyond lactose intolerant allergic. I spent a good deal of time in the 5th grade going between doctors trying to figure out what was wrong with me because I was dealing with some serious stomach aches. All from a little dairy.

2) I am half Italian which makes number one a little harder to deal with. There are a lot of substitutes out there which make it a little more bearable (my veggie cheese lasagna is pretty bomb,) but its certainly difficult to enjoy a refreshing caprese salad when you cant have mozz.

3) My husband and I lived around the corner from each other when we were kids, went to the same elementary school for a couple years, and even had back-to-back classrooms at one point. And we never met until college. How cute are we?

How did he not fall in love with this all those years ago?


4) My degree is in Advertising and Public Relations, but I currently work for a church in pastoral credentialing. Technically, our P.R. falls underneath me, but it is not my primary job focus (though I often wish it was, I really love getting creative.)

College Graduation 2010

5) The only bones I’ve broken are in my feet (though I recently fractured my ankle- small baby fracture). That’s dance for you.

6) I am a nerdy girl at heart. I was my high school valedictorian, graduated magna cum laude, and as sad as this is, have a valedictorian sash from my middle school graduation as well.

7) I LOVE public speaking. Assuming I have something to talk about, give me a podium and a mic, and I am in my element. (Unless that mic is connected to a Karaoke box. In that case, forget it.)

8) My very first car was a lime green Volkswagen Beetle named Tinkerbell. She was a stick shift and I loved her until she finally died on me 2 and a half years ago.

Photoshoots like this happened often in that little Beetle

9) I am currently on my third car since Tinkerbell. Why so many, you ask? I’ve been in two major car accidents in the past two years, neither of which my fault, both resulting in totaled cars. My current car is a black Pontiac G6 GT, and I love it.

10) I often eat dinner foods for breakfast. Pizza is probably my favorite, but I’ve been known to dish out some soy mac and cheese in the morning as well.

11) My favorite food right now is a BLT with avocado. I could literally eat this every day.

12) I am OCD about dirt, but not so much about clutter. I can’t handle dirty, but unorganized doesn’t typically bother me. I always know where things are in my disorganization.

13) My favorite movie of all time is Aladdin. Yes, it is a Disney movie, but nothing will ever be better.

14) My typical Starbucks order is a Grande Iced Soy Chai Tea Latte. Just in case you need it in the future.

15) As if you couldn’t tell, my favorite color is pink. If I were single, there would be a lot of pink walls, pink fabric, pink décor in my house. My bedroom growing up was pink and my bathroom was pink and kelly green. Sadly, it is no longer.

16) I am an oldest child and have one younger brother, who is 18 and will be attending the University of Minnesota next year. Go Golden Gophers!
Isn't he handsome?


17) My favorite baseball team is the Boston Red Sox, much to the disappointment of my Braves loving husband.

18) I am obsessed with DIY/Crafting ideas, but don’t have any particular sewing skills. Good thing I married a carpenter so at least I can have the big things DIY’ed.

19) I’ve never been overseas, but I am dying to go to Europe.

20) If I could meet/be friends with any celebrity, it would be Emma Stone. I have decided, particularly after last year’s Oscars, that we would get along very well.




Well, there you have it. Twenty random fun facts about me. Feel free to share some of your own in the comments below. You know I'm dying to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment