Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: The Ceremony

It's that time again, Wedding Wednesday! And today we will be talking about the ceremony, the moment when it really truly becomes official. The real meat and potatoes of a wedding. But, before we get too ahead of ourselves, I have some exciting news. After two hours in a Social Security Office waiting room and far too many minutes in lines for a Wednesday morning, I am officially a Koscielecki.

Now I just need to make it over to the DMV and both of my banks, call all of my creditors, get brand spanking new debit/credit cards, all of that good fun stuff. One step down, a million more to go.

Anyways, lets get back to why you're really here. All the details of our wedding.

We held our ceremony at the Lake Mary Events Center, in a rotunda overlooking Crystal Lake. I love the look of outdoor weddings, but didn't want to take on the stress of risking the weather (particularly in Florida in April.) This venue satisfied both of my wants.

Our florist, Vicki of Peddles Orlando, did a beautiful job putting together the simple and elegant aisle pieces I was looking for and our altar arrangements were gorgeous as well. If only I could've kept them forever.

Emotionally, I can't even begin to take you through the journey I experienced walking down the aisle. It was elation, and joy, and nervousness, and all of the above. I didn't want to cry but the minute I heard my song come on, it was hard to hold back the tears. I was so focused on Anthony, I couldn't see anyone else. I had no idea who was there and who wasn't, I just knew I was walking towards the man of my dreams.

Our ceremony was everything I could have ever wanted. Beautiful and simple, traditional and so full of emotion. If I could relive those 20 minutes over and over again, I absolutely would. A pastor from our church officiated for us, and did an amazing job of focusing the ceremony on God and his gift of the sacrament of marriage. It was beautiful.

Our Ceremony Music:
Parents Procession - The Winner Is - Danna Devotchka
Bridesmaids and Groomsmen - So This is Love - Instrumental
Bride - I Can't Help Falling In Love - Ingrid Michaelson
Recessional - Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Stevie Wonder

Some photos for your enjoyment. Again, all photography by Kate + Kris .














No comments:

Post a Comment