Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: The Reception

Before I get into today's post, I thought I'd give a little update on yesterday's. Kate is out of surgery, has two brand spanking new lungs, and is doing well. I am so thrilled that everything went well and there were no complications. What a major blessing!

Well, here we are on Wedding Wednesday, and today, we are talking all things reception. Now, I have to tell you, I went into the day prepping for a party. I wanted music and dancing and fun, and I was not disappointed.

When I entered the room for our introduction, to "Bring 'em out" by T.I., I was beyond excited for what I saw. The florist had matched my centerpieces to exactly how I had envisioned them. The lighting was beautiful. Our tables were set with all of the little details I had planned for, and all of my favorite people were gathered in one room to celebrate with us. It was perfect.






We had our first dance to "Marry Me" by Train and Martina McBride. It was an acoustic version from CMT's Crossroads and was the same song that Anthony used to propose. It couldn't have been better. I have to admit, I thought I would cry more during that first dance, but I was just so overwhelmingly happy, that all I could do was smile.






Our reception timeline was pretty close to the norm.  Toasts, dinner,  dancing, cake- cutting, bouquet toss, garter toss, more dancing, the end. But the actual way the events went down was anything but traditional. Let's start with my maid of honor's toast. Um...hello, best toast you've ever seen. She rapped the entire thing to the tune of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Aire, and made it all about me and Anthony. Unfortunately, I can't get the video to upload, but here are some pictures to give you an idea.






In no uncertain terms, this speech was epic!

Our music choices were a little of the wall as well.

Cake-Cutting - "All About My Cake" - lil Wayne
Bouquet Toss - "Girl Fight" - Brooke Valentine
Garter Removal - "You Shook me All Night Long" - AC-DC
Garter Toss - "All I do is Win" -  DJ Khaled

We had a photobooth to keep our guests entertained when they needed a break from the dance floor, or were just feeling particularly goofy. I highly recommend these for any wedding. The line was going all night for this thing and my family and friends absolutely loved the silly get-ups and the pictures they got to take home afterwards. 







We ended around 10:30 pm (it was a Sunday night after all) and drove off in one of the most beautiful cars I've ever had the pleasure of riding in. I would tell you the model, buuutttt...... truthfully I'd probably get it wrong. Anthony knows and was thrilled, so that's what counts. I just thought it was beautiful. Allowing Anthony to drive it was a gift from our Best Man's dad. I don't think Anthony could've been much happier.




I do understand now why people say you don't eat at your wedding. I didn't. I was so excited to see everyone and talk that sitting down to enjoy the meal was low on my priority list. I did eat my slice of cake though. Sweets are sweets after all and sugar gives you more energy than food right? (At least that's what those pixie stick moms on toddlers and Tiaras have taught me.)

All in all, the night was incredible and pretty perfect in my ways. I wouldn't have changed one thing for the world.

Next week, I'll be back here highlighting some of the vendors I used so make sure to check those out, but for now, here are some more pictures of the evening to hold you over. As always, all of my photography is by the amazing Kate + Kris.








No comments:

Post a Comment