Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dreams, Dreams, Dreams


I am a vivid dreamer. I am the type of dreamer that wakes up several times a night startled from my dreams. I often wake up and can’t differentiate between what has actually happened and what was just my imagination. I remember most of my dreams, and if I had any good sense, I would be that person with a journal next to my bed because I could certainly capitalize on the crazy ideas that whirl through my head in the middle of the night.


For example, last night I dreamt I was on a date with the hubs at a beach. I’m not sure what beach exactly, but I’m assuming it was a Pacific Coast beach because there were mountains in the background, and whales splashing out in the water. The best part of this beach is that every visitor received a free otter. Yes, a free baby otter to take home as a pet. My baby otter was of course the most precious of them all.

If I had a baby otter, he would look like this little munchkin

After choosing our otter, the hubs and I made our way into a movie theater, which just so happened to be showing “The Little Mermaid.” But this version was so much better. The film had been completely redone in 3-D and Imax so you felt like you were under the sea. It was incredible. Seaweed drifted by as ariel swam, there were vents pumping in saltwater air (not difficult for a movie theater on a beach,) and there was a light misty breeze in the theater which gave the feeling of a moving current.



If Disney steals this idea and profits from it, I hereby request 5% of the royalties. And I imagine that 5% of the royalties on such a clearly brilliant idea will be just enough for me to retire on.

My dreams aren't always so lighthearted, I dream a lot of dinosaurs and zombies, sometimes of the apocalypse, often of roller coasters and theme park rides. They are however, always adventurous.

Alas, I don’t have a journal next to my bed, and in the mornings, I’m far too tired from my nightly dream escapades to write anything before I get out of bed, take a shower, and get on my way. My dreams make for great stories, but also make for one tired girl.

Do any of you dream so vividly you can’t sleep? Do you record your dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment