Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's Up to You New York, New York!



I mentioned in my post yesterday that at the end of the month, Anthony and I will be heading up to Connecticut to celebrate my cousin’s wedding. I couldn’t be more excited to see all of my family up there and get Anthony north of the Carolina’s. There’s a special place in my heart for the northeastern part of our country, and I’m hoping this trip will help Anthony understand why.

The day before the wedding, we are taking a train into NYC and exploring. I can’t wait to show Anthony around, but I’m having some trouble deciding what the highlights should be. I’ve spent a good amount of time in the city growing up (mostly in dance studios to be truthful,) but, in the downtime I’ve had during all of those trips, I think I’ve gotten to see all of the important stuff…and some of the not so important.

The thing is, I’ve got essentially twelve hours to show Anthony the city. What do we do? Here’s what I’ve got so far.

  • We’ll be taking an early train into Grand Central (which is an experience in and of itself) and will be spending some time just exploring there.
  • We will definitely take some time to walk around Times Square.
  • I’d like to take him to Central Park at some point during the day.
  • We have tickets to a matinee performance of Wicked at 2:00 (he’ll be seeing his first Broadway show!)
  • After the show, I’d like to get some shopping in, most likely in SOHO, so he’ll get a little bit of that
  • We’ll probably do dinner at The Stage Deli. It’s a landmark and oh so good!



And that’s it.

I would love to show him the financial district and the stock exchange, and stop by the 9/11 memorial (I have yet to go down there), but I’m not sure we’ll have the time.

But here’s where you guys come in. What else do I need to make sure is on our agenda? Remember we have less than a day here, so I’ve gotta really cram everything in. I haven’t been to the city in about 5 years so, if there’s some new great place we’ve gotta see, let me know about that too.

Can’t wait to see your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment