Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gratitude


It’s Travel Day!

At 6:49 this evening, Anthony and I will be boarding a plane for the great state of Connecticut and will be spending the next four days up there. I am beyond thrilled.

But before I leave (and then return with an enormous picture dump) I wanted to share something that’s been on my heart lately.



Gratitude.


I’ve talked about it a lot on this blog, but I think we all need a good reminder every now and then. I actively strive to be thankful each and every day. My biggest fear is that I will become the Christian equivalent of a “fair-weather friend,” only praising God when everything is going my way. Only singing his praises when his blessings are obvious.

But there are seasons for all of us where things aren’t that outwardly good. Accomplishing your goals becomes a struggle, the little things that have always seemed to fall into place just aren’t, and you just wish you could have more control of your life. The problem with that is, with us in control of our own lives, we are bound to make human mistakes. We are open to error and wrong judgement. We often choose the wrong path.

When we give our lives to God, when we surrender our will and allow His word to speak into our lives, to lead us where we are meant to go, we have no room for error. God doesn’t make mistakes.

That my friends, in and of itself, is something to be so entirely grateful for. That we have a savior to lean on, that Jesus gave his life to save ours, that we can choose to be led to salvation.

Live in that knowledge. Live in that beauty. Live in that beautiful, God given ability to surrender.

Happy Early Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment