Monday, August 5, 2013

10 Signs You're a Borderline Crazy Dog Lady



Like I mentioned in my last post, Friday was my fur-child’s first birthday. And we had him dressed for the occasion.

He was celebrated with a new toy and new food and water bowls, and was treated to his favorite doggy ice cream later on in the evening. With all of these activities, it’s glaringly obvious that my dog is spoiled. But when is the line between spoiled and crazy dog-lady crossed? I’m not entirely sure, but if I had to guess, I’d say I’m pretty close.

10 Signs you’re a Borderline Crazy Dog-Lady

1) Pictures of your dog comprise at least 60% of your instagram feed.

2) Your morning routine revolves around when your dog will want to eat, play, go outside, etc.

3) Your sleeping habits are severely affected by your dog’s love of the outdoors. (Case in point: My dog woke me up at 2:30 am the otehr night to go outside, I assumed for a potty break. With a fenced-in backyard, I have no qualms about letting him out on his own while I lay back down for a minute. He quite loudly lets me know when he’s ready to come in. I fell asleep only to wake up 2 hours later, realizing I had never let my dog in. I opened the back door to go get him to see him sleeping in the yard, quite comfortable, and not wanting to come back inside. Is it bad that my dog’s preferences take priority over my own sleep?)

4) You consistently refer to your dog as your child.

5) You have made home cooked meals for your dog.

6) You can locate and name all of the closest dog parks to your home.

7) Your dog has best friends.

8) Your dog has a wardrobe. (This is not true of Obi. But we have dressed him up.)

9) Your dog has a social media presence. ( Again, not true of Obi. But I’ve seen it. )

10) You have more pet names for your dog than for your spouse.

I know I can’t be the only one who’s slightly obsessed with their dog. They are of course, man’s best friend right?

Let me know in the comments how you know your pet is taking over your life.

2 comments:

  1. Well we know for sure that #7 is correct, bc I am Obi's best friend! And also, I would like to point out that all of this is true for Sterling as well, but I'm pretty sure crazy cat lady sounds WAY worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all know that Sterling is really just a dog in a cat's body so at most you're a crazy dog lady like me, making it entirely acceptable.

      Delete