Friday, August 2, 2013

Allow me to re-introduce myself

Hello, my name is Stephanie and I am used to be a blogger. It has been so incredibly long since I’ve graced this little corner of the internet, and I’ve got to tell you, I miss this outlet of mine.

Life has been a whirlwind as of late. Hectic and busy and beautiful and stressful and everything in between. I started a post back in January that I never published. In that post, I shared that I just had a feeling about this year. I just knew that 2013 was going to be incredible and I had the audacity to say I was going to make it happen.

Well, this year so far has certainly lived up to my expectations. Both Anthony and I have had significant career shifts that have given us far more opportunities to grow and be challenged in such positive ways.
When I last posted, we were still very newly wed, and though it’s been less than a year, we are now beginning to settle in to our marriage in such a lovely way. I still get butterflies when I think about him, and it’s nice that over a year in, there is still that honeymoon feeling between us. But we are also falling into a very comfortable stability that makes us feel more and more like a family every day. We are building our legacy as a couple, through our marriage and through Christ, and that has been an incredible thing to witness and be a part of.

Since I last posted, we’ve added another addition to the Koscielecki clan. No, we didn’t have a baby, but we did bring home a little fur baby who we just love to death. His name is Obi (yes, like in Star Wars), he is a purebred Siberian Husky, and he is my child. He is officially a one-year-old today, and we will absolutely be celebrating. Yes, I am that girl.

I’ve been playing a lot in our little home space as well, re-decorating and adding pieces to make it feel more homey. Eventually, I will post some before and afters on this little ‘ol blog, but I still have so much I want to accomplish before I get to that point. I thought by this point, a full year in to homeownership, I would have accomplished all of my to-dos. Unfortunately, projects take time. Lots of time. And tend to take money as well. Lots of money.

Oh well, one day, we will have this house looking exactly like I envision it in my dreams. Until then, we are just grateful to have a beautiful space to call our own. I’m hoping to spend some more time on here, writing about life and scripture and everything else that pops into this brain of mine. So stick around. You’ll be hearing from me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment