Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Confidence and Conviction

I was looking for inspiration the other day and came across this piece of scripture.

"I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8 NIV


It really got me thinking about the times when I allow my focus to stray from God. Those times when I allow other, more earthly priorities to take precedence over the strength I have in Him. And when my eyes move away from the purpose He has for me, and they hone in on other, more temporary things, my confidence is inevitably shaken.

You see, when I look for purpose in the fulfillment of material goals, or even just goals that I can achieve on my own, I find more often than not that I stumble in my convictions. It is easy to find my flaws, easy to point out what others can accomplish beyond my own personal means, and easy to allow myself to fail in my insecurities.

But, when I seek my convictions in the purpose God has on my life, and look for fulfillment in the goals that are only achieved through His will, it is easy to walk with confidence in the strength His hand provides. If He has led me to this place, He will not leave me to fail. If I remain focused on his presence, He will guide me in my decisions, allowing me to be confident in my journey.

I will inevitably falter here and there due to my own human weaknesses, but I know that if I remain faithful to the direction He calls me to, I can never stray too far.

Remember whenever doubt sets in, or when your insecurities make you feel wobbly in your convictions, refocus your eyes to the Lord, and trust in His plans for your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment