Um...what? Two recipes in one week? Yes, my friends. And not only that, I've got a third lovely recipe coming your way soon. I've been cooking my little heart out this week and it didn't seem fair not to share the goodness with you.
Today's recipe is a healthier option that is quick, easy and beyond delicious. This recipe serves four easily, up to six if you eat more like me and less like my husband. But no matter how many people you're serving, this is sure to please.
If you've read my blog before, you know that my recipes aren't an exact science. Much of the seasonings are to taste, more than they are exact measurements of what to add. Use this as a guideline to experiment on your own.
What you will need:
One pound of peeled, deveined shrimp
One box of orzo pasta
Two cans of diced tomatoes
Two Tablespoons of minced garlic
1/2 of an onion, chopped roughly to a large dice
One green bell pepper, diced
A block of feta cheese
Several tablespoons of olive oil
1) Preheat a stock pot of water to a boil
2) Add your orzo, cooking until tender
3) In a separate pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat
4) Add garlic, onions, and bell peppers, cooking until the onions just turn translucent and soften
5) Add your shrimp, cooking until pink
6) Season to your liking with salt, pepper, and basil
7) When the orzo has finished cooking, drain and return to pot, reducing the burner heat to low
8) Add in two cans of diced tomatoes, as well as your shrimp mixture
9) Stir well, adding up to two tablespoons of olive oil to taste
10) Break up your feta cheese and add 1/2 of the block to your pasta mixture, stirring in well
11) Salt to taste
12) Plate and sprinkle additional feta over the top before serving
There you have it. Only 12 steps to a delicious, healthy meal. If you're not a seafood fan, I imagine you could substitue chicken into this recipe, or even forego meat altogether. Whatever suits your fancy.