Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Product Review: Michael Todd True Organics Knu Serum

I was recently contacted by Michael Todd True Organics to review their Knu (prounounced “new you”) Anti-Aging Serum. I’ll admit, at first I was a little skeptical. I’m 23. What business do I have reviewing an anti-aging serum? While my skin is far from perfect, it is also far from showing signs of aging. But, you know what they say. It’s never too early to start preventative care, and I know that I still want to look young as the years on the calendar continue to pass. And this product claims to have antioxidants to protect skin against future damage, so you know I took them up on their offer.




The Knu line of anti-aging products was designed to address the challenges of fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of premature skin aging using active ingredients known for their significant skin-healing, regenerating and repairing properties: Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF), second generation tri-peptides, alpha hydroxy acids, DMAE and even South American beauty secret: snail serum, a complex secretion rich in protein, lipids, trace minerals, enzymes, copper peptides, amino acids and more. These actives are synergistically combined with 70% organic ingredients, including soothing organic aloe vera juice and antioxidant cranberry and green tea, to aid skin healing and protect against further damage. Knu has been featured on CBS' The Doctors and co-host Andrew Ordon, M.D. recommended Knu for its "immediate lift and firming combined with long term anti-aging benefits."

When the serum came in the mail, I tested it out on my own face, but the before and afters weren’t significant. Because I have yet to start experiencing any loss of elasticity, or other aging signs, it was difficult to determine if the claims could be proven. However, I could feel the serum firming and toning quickly after application, and because of that, believed that if I did have any more significant facial lines or wrinkles, I may see a difference. So, to really put this product to the test, I decided to take it a step further and called in my 72-year-old nana for her approval.

We applied the serum to what I would consider common problem areas for women: crow’s feet, laugh lines, etc. The result was actually pretty impressive. Below is a before and after (forgive the poor quality of the images.)

Within moments, the crow’s feet around her eyes had begun to fade, and other defined lines had begun to fill in. It was clear that this serum could back up the claims it makes. I was impressed.

You can purchase KNU Anti-Aging Serum here.

Note: The product does say it is recommended for all skin types, but under the ingredients it does list a sunburn alert that people with extremely fair skin like me I think need to take caution with.

Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.

3 comments:

  1. Great review Stephanie! I love how you asked your Nana to help you on with this product review! She is too sweet to let you do that!

    You have a lovely blog! xoxo

    New follower!

    myprettyobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review on this, Stephanie! I am in my early 50's. I am on my 3rd bottle of this serum thanks to you, and it really does work! My neck and eyelids look firmer. The ingredients are great! Overall, I would give this 5 stars. BTW, I purchase mine on LivingSocial.com for $25. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Check out this Knu serum review video and you might find an offer you can't refuse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noCvhHogvzs

    ReplyDelete