Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up and VMA Reactions


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as I did. And I really hope you caught the VMAs last night. Not necessarily the best show they've ever put on, but there were some definite highlights as well as some unfortunately memorable moments. But we'll get to that towards the end of this post. First, a wrap up if the rest of this weekend's fun.

Sami's Shenanigans


Friday night, Anthony and I went to our local second run theater to catch Iron Man 3. It was every bit of the movie I thought it would be and worth the popcorn hangover I had the next morning. The things sodium can do to you...

Saturday we headed to the Orlando Dave and Busters to celebrate with my little brother before he heads back up to Minnesota for his sophomore year of college. I still question why anyone would choose to live in such an icy tundra, but he seems to enjoy it up there and with the Mall of America nearby, I could be persuaded to brave the potential frostbite for a winter trip. The whole family took part in the fun and games, and we left with some fun arcade prizes to show for it.



Sunday was lovely and laidback, everything a Sunday should be. I made a pot of sauce around 11 so that it could simmer all day until dinner. The best sauces cook for at least a couple of hours, giving everything a chance to really meld together. I'll post my easy recipe later this week for anyone who is interested. After dinner, we sat down to watch this year's VMA's. I've listed my top ten reactions below.

Top Ten Reactions to the 2013 VMA's

1. Ariana Grande - Girl can sing. And she is just cute as a button, but I would never have guessed that she's twenty years old. I don't know much about her, so I thought she was the next disney girl, maybe all of 14. Her age shocked me, but with pipes like that, I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of her.

2. Austin Mahone - Poor kid, he really is a baby Justin Bieber. Let's just hope he doesn't make the same choices as his predecessor. We can begin by never wearing that pleather outfit again, k?

3. Lady Gaga - I was not a fan of her performance last night. She was, in typical fashion, very avant garde in style, but I just feel like she missed the mark a little bit. It felt very communtiy theater avant garde, and not to the level of what I would expect from her,

4. Miley Cyrus - Just no.

5.Robin Thicke - I was really disappointed. I love Blurred Lines, song of the summer in my opinion. So why in the world did Mr. Thicke agree to let little miss Cyrus ruin that song? Not okay.

6. T. Swift - I don't know why, but I really liked her last night. She didn't perform, but the reaction shots of her and BFF Selena Gomez reminded me of how me and my best friend would act were we invited to the VMA's(which we weren't, someone get on that please.) And if a crowd were cheering loudly for my ex-bf, I might mouth the same words she did too. All love from me.

7. Justin Timberlake - Holla atcha boy! JT rocked the house down in the bext performance of the evening. Actually, the best performance the VMA's have seen in a long time. I was so impressed, and I would love to see him perform live. Next time he's anywhere near Orlando, I'll be there.

8. The *NSYNC Reunion - Yes. Just Yes. I was like a twelve-year-old girl, and it was epic, if only for 30 seconds.

9. Katy Perry - Loved her performance, and loved what she said pre-show. Her album could've gone a much darker direction but she chose to let the light in, naming her album prism to shine the light right back out to her listeners. You go girl!

10. Overall, I thought the VMAs did a good job of making the show relevant again, though I was still disappointed overall with the quality of the performances (minus my man, JT.) Hopefully, the huge reactions on social media will direct MTV's future direction and allow the VMAs to come back as a powerhouse awards show.

1 comment:

  1. Ok so
    1. So mad that you didn't text me and remind me the VMA's were on
    2. I want N'SYNC to do a reunion tour and I want to be in the front row with you
    3. We really should work on scoring some tickets to these award shows and possibly be the next Sophia Grace and Rosie...only better!
    That is all <3

    ReplyDelete